Version 1.5.1 (Released June 15th, 2014)
- Facebook Chat Added
- Improved UI
-- Older Releases --
Version 1.5.0 (Released October 1st, 2013)
- Desktop widget added
- Fully optimized all app graphics
- Minor graphical improvements
- Removed unused code
Version 1.4.9 (Released August 16th, 2013)
- Graphical improvements
- You now have the option of selecting a browser when launching into Facebook
- SSL (2048bit encryption) added to the applications update routine to improve security.
Version 1.4.8 (Released August 8th, 2013)
- Removed SDK based advertisements.
- More code cleanup.
Version 1.4.7 (Released July 14th, 2013)
- Fixed an issue where users were not able to download pictures or play videos.
- Share button has been added to share the application or other content.
Version 1.4.6 (Released July 13th, 2013)
- New 2D / 3D Dashboard selector.
- Splash screen fade transition added.
- Application icon updated and optimized
- xhdpi icon added for HD displays
- Minor code cleanup and optimizations
Version 1.4.5 (Released July 4th, 2013)
- Fixed a bug when users were attempting to connect to active9.com for an upgrade. Most likely caused by DNS issues.
Version 1.4.4 (Released July 4th, 2013)
- Updated API levels to improve support for newer Android OS versions.
- Now supporting over 3,000 devices!
- You may now backup this application using your preferred backup utility.
- Improved Application Notification Status
- Removed some unused code
- Removed depreciated menu items
- Splash screen now displays a circular loading spinner
- Various speed improvements and GUI optimizations
- Preparations for adding a quick launch widget (Not Yet Implemented)
Version 1.4.3 (Released March 8th, 2013)
- Removed DNS IP verification during upgrading as it is no longer necessary.
- Code optimization
- Splash screen added during start up.
- Bug fix where the 3D Dashboard was loading up in a new browser window instead of inside the application.
Version 1.4.2 (Released December 7th, 2012)
- Improved web view to handle plug-ins and other device specific extra features.
- Optimized & Updated for the newest Android SDK.
- Removed a few unused permissions.
Version 1.4.1 (Released September 17th, 2012)
- Added shared application preferences.
- Improved the start up speed of the application by caching update inquiries using shared preferences.
- Update check frequency added (Set to check for updates once per 24 hours)
- Added an onResume handler which solves an application crash bug while switching back to the application on some devices.
Version 1.4.0 (Released September 1st, 2012)
- Fixed a potential security exploit where hackers could replace advertisements inside the app.
- Fixed toast notification display timing for improved performance and duration.
- Users are notified about potential advertisements. You can still opt-out of all in-app advertisements!
- Recompiled using Android API Level 12 SDK R20.0.3.
- More new Android devices are now supported!
- Target & Min SDK added to the Manifest which enhances legacy emulation on newer devices.
- Advertisement code improvements (Less waiting time during start up).
Version 1.3.9 (Released April 27th, 2012)
- Fixed a major bug that would refresh the page you were viewing while rotating your display
- Fixed a major bug that would refresh the page you were trying to type to when opening your keyboard on slide-out devices.
- Updated to work with Android API level 8 through 15.
- Text & Code Cleanup
Version 1.3.8 (Released April 15th, 2012)
- Improved security now will alert users when our servers are unreachable. This makes any DNS exploit attempts impossible.
- Improved the advertising core system which vastly improves load time and various other bugs for advertising within the applications dashboard.
- Code cleanup and more optimization.
Version 1.3.7 (Released March 12th, 2012)
- Major update which allows multiple screens and densities so tablets and other devices may properly use the Full Version for Facebook GUI.
- Cleaned up Android manifest permissions which were creating an issue with some devices requiring package permissions to be at the beginning of the file. This was a bug causing Application not Installed issues on a number of devices
- This application has been tested and working on android 4.0x (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- The application no longer prefers to be installed on your external storage and is now set to whatever the default install location is on your device.
- Cleaned up more unused code
Version 1.3.6 (Released February 25th, 2012)
- Improved application start up time
- Removed some old images to decrease the size of the application
- Added a More Apps button to the exit page
- Removed the background on the exit page due to devices scaling it improperly
- Intent policy update to create shortcuts
- Initial upgrade dialog test will prompt users to upgrade you may optionally abort and continue using your current version
- Upgrading is optional with the addition of an Abort button on the upgrade page
- Other minor bug fixes
Version 1.3.5 (Released February 12th, 2012)
- Improved application upgrade process. Now prompts you with a dialog screen with the option to upgrade or abort the upgrade.
- Minor layout code and design cleanup.
- Improved application start up time and fixed a small bug which would randomly crash the application on launch.
Version 1.3.4 (Released February 6th, 2012)
- Fixed a crash bug upon device boot up with the new Boot Receiver in the app.
- Minor layout improvement to the splash screen.
- Improved integration for external non default browsers.
- Code preparation on a new easier to use upgrade system. *Not yet implemented*
Version 1.3.3 (Released January 25th, 2012)
- More application start up speed improvements.
- Improvements to the automatic application upgrade system.
- Code improvements relating to advertisement display which were causing a few random crashes on certain devices.
- Optimized build with the newest Android SDK release.
- The application now detects when your device starts but does not start itself on boot.
- Added user permissions BOOT_COMPLETED & INSTALL_SHORTCUT to the install manifest. INSTALL_SHORTCUT is not yet utilized.
- Fixed a bug where the application would on occasion crash if starting up during a network IP change.
- Added more tracking to help identify bugs and problems with new emerging devices.
Version 1.3.2 (Released December 9th, 2011)
- Automatic updates are now more secure. The apk upgrade file downloaded will now be thumbprinted and data checked against a hash provided by active9.com/apps. This prevents data corruption, phishing, and more during the upgrade process.
- Improved tie-ins with active9.com/apps for automatic upgrades.
- Code preperation for porting to other Operating Systems and Mobile Devices.
- More code optimization and cleanup.
- Fixed a bug causing a Binder proxy issue on some Android devices that are using proxy caching.
Version 1.3.1 (Released December 2nd, 2011)
- More improvements during load up which makes launching into the application faster.
- A Restart button has been added to the exit activity within the application.
- The exit activity layout has been improved so multiple sized devices will not stretch the icon dimensions.
- Cleaned up some of the static images within the application to use less space.
- Advertisements are now less annoying to users who keep the application open longer.
Version 1.3.0 (Released November 29th, 2011)
- Subroutine for changing layout dimensions has changed. Instead of erroring and crashing the application the app will restart in the appropriate layout.
- Random hash added to the check update to ensure a new data connection is established each time you launch the app.
- Your android os Build SDK version is now passed to the web server during load up to better serve future upgrades
- default_xml file added which some devices seem to be searching for. This was causing those devices to slow down, crash the application, or even the users device.
- More tie-ins to prepare for future releases of the application that allow more devices to use the application.
- Legacy support integrated but not enabled (This will allow you to uninstall or restore old versions of the application easily)
- Error reporting is now fully integrated and working properly. As always any error information reported will not include any of your personal or ip information. It is used for bug tracking and fixing features within the application without the need for you the user to notify us about the problem.
- Minor exit page layout modification.
- More integration with Active9.com/apps for prompted automatic updates.
- You will now be notified if you do not have enough free space on your storage device to install the applications updates.
Version 1.2.9 Released (November 28th, 2011)
- Fixed bug issue with location services and the battery saving feature.
- Bug fixed where provider would return null causing a crash to occur during load up... This is yet another location service bug fix.
- Location services returning null no longer attempt to create a look up.
- Minor loading logic update.
- Minor update to the automatic error logging system to provide further debug information.
- More location service bug fixes. The application will now verify it has appropriate access levels and knows if you have raw and coarse locations available to share. If not the application will skip this identifier and continue normally.
Version 1.2.2 Released (November 28th, 2011)
- Location services bug fixed that was causing a crash when looking up the users IP service provider.
- Minor code cleanup.
Version 1.2.1 Released (November 28th, 2011)
- Added log tracking to automatically identify bugs that users may stumble upon while using the application. These logs are then anonymously sent directly to Active 9. This means we can see the bugs in the application without you having to tell us about them.
Version 1.2.0 Released *Major Version 1.2* (November 27th, 2011)
- Battery life optimization improvement. The application will now idle and resume automatically.
- Improved the applications start up speed by 200%
- Elevated permissions CHANGE_WIFI_STATE (unused), ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, ACCESS_COARSE_UPDATES, & ACCESS_CHECKIN_PROPERTIES
- Raw non personally identifiable location access information is now gathered (if available) to prepare for easier methods to disable ads in future releases. This information is also used to provide network level support and information reported back to Active9 to help identify network issues.
- More code cleanup and optimization
Version 1.1.9 Released (November 27th, 2011)
- Ad Notifications menu option added to the android menu button options on the Launch Pad right after the Ad Toggle option.
- Elevated permission to allow INSTALL_NON_MARKET_APPS which will prompt you to enable Unknown Sources if it is unchecked during upgrades.
- Fixes a major flaw with the new upgrade system (If the upgrade servers were offline users would be forced to install blank APK files in some situations which would erase the application)
- Elevated permission to allow DELETE_PACKAGES (Net Yet Used)
- Minor intent bug fixed that would possibly cause a black screen if your internet connection disconnected, switched, or disabled during an update check.
- Initial test upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 using the in-app upgrade option (report any upgrade issues to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Version 1.1.8 Released (November 26th, 2011)
- The application now checks for a new version before loading. If a new version is found it will automatically download and prompt you to install the update.
- Fixed a bug where users would see a black screen waiting for content to load. You will now see Loading at the top.
- More code optimization.
- Users can Opt-Out of Push Notification advertisements.
- Elevated permissions to allow WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- Elevated permissions to allow INSTALL_PACKAGES (Not Yet Used)
- Removed dashboard update notification for version 1.1.8 and higher.
If you have ever wanted a quick and easy way to access the full version of Facebook.com from your android then this app is for you.
Get direct access to the full (non watered down) version of facebook.com from your android device!